Friday, 20 November 2015

Friday again and nothing happening

First of all, welcome to Lavender Rosemary a new follower, but someone else has un-followed so numbers remain the same.

Friday has rushed round, after a very strange week. I fetched Col from hospital yesterday evening, they pumped some iron into him and he is back on the iron tablets until he has to prepare for the other camera thing (with a different sort of "stuff" which hopefully he will not be allergic to). The investigation that they were able to do showed nothing so it's a waiting game again.
Nothing is happening on the house selling/buying front either. Our estate agent has left messages but with no reply - I hope our buyers haven't gone off the whole idea, we can't move on with buying something until we know the expected timeline.

It's been bread making day today and I also made some leek and potato soup for lunch, it's ages since I made any and we'd forgotten how delicious it is. We are still eating our way through our Charlotte potatoes which we left in the ground much later than usual - they have so much flavour. What a shock it will be when we have buy spuds in the new year.

Tip number 20 to save a little cash is :- Cut the ends off tubes of toothpaste, hand cream etc to get out the last little bit. I must admit that the last time I tried this with toothpaste there was nothing left to get out so I've not bothered again.

Nothing much planned for the weekend, except for watching Strictly from Blackpool, and some more of the ATP tennis. Although I do need to go and get a bit of shopping (haven't bought any food or milk since last Friday and I have a £4.50 Tesco voucher) and maybe while I'm in Tesco I can get some gift cards for more Christmas presents.

Back with tip number 21 tomorrow
Sue

18 comments:

  1. Savings' Tip number one from me ... don't buy gift cards, simply use stick on white labels, you could even have a pen and draw a spring of holly in the corner! It mightn't look as Christmassy as a gift card, but it would save money. Gift cards totally unnecessary (as are many Christmas decorations ... I just use greenery, a Christmas tree with deckies from years and years of collecting them, bowls of fruit and nuts which are part of the Christmas food, and Christmas cards, and perhaps a wreath for the front door, and a garland up the staircase, again one from years and years ago.)
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm talking about vouchers for the children to use to buy what they want from other shops like B & Q for son in law who is always having to get bits for house repairs

      Delete
    2. Oh, I get what you mean now, Sue! I thought you meant gift tags, to attach to your pressies, not gift cards as such, i.e. money vouchers! Silly me!!!
      Margaret P

      Delete
  2. PS I meant to add that I hope Col will be feeling more the ticket soon, and that you manage to sell your home before too long so you can find somewhere else more appropriate for your needs.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news that the first investigation has shown up nothing. Do you have any idea how long Col will have to wait until he goes in for his next test? My fingers are crossed that the house sale is still going through for you. There's nothing worse than not knowing where you're up to.

    I turn all my bottles of lotions and potions upside down but the only thing I cut the end off is my Nivea face cream. It only costs £1 anyway but I can get at least another week out of it. Getting fed up of the weather now. I don't mind a couple of rainy days, I quite like cosying up inside, but it seems to have been wet for weeks. Have a lovely weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are hoping to arrange the next test for him within the next 3 weeks - we hope.
      It's all gone very quiet from our buyers, they said their London flat was sold...........we are beginning to wonder what's happening.
      Very chilly here today, But at least no snow like they have in Scotland

      Delete
    2. It seems to take longer and longer to get conveyoncing complete. Its cold here on the coast. The wind feels bitter. Lets hope Cols appointment is soon and its sorted quickly.

      Delete
  4. The waiting game is a hard one to play. I still have to watch last weeks strictly, so I will be reading tonight. Hopefully next week will bring you some good news on one front at least.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The waiting game is very frustrating, it will all come together soon enough, just relax and enjoy your christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite a lot of lists have been written ready for Christmas!

      Delete
  6. Having found your Blog when checking the Internet on some Articles about the Mustoes. Wishing you a good weekend from the South of Germany... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I used to write a page for their Penny Pincher Paper for a couple of years. 5 of us who wrote bits for the PPP are still in touch with each other and take it in turns to write a letter. We all missed the letter when The Mustoes stopped publishing it.

      Delete
  7. Fingers crossed that your buyers don't have cold feet or have lost their buyer. It's a terrible war of nerves not knowing.

    Good tip - I do that with handcream, but don't bother with toothpaste as we reckon to get the very last smidgen out.

    I hope that Col's health is soon on the mend naturally and that's another worry to chuck out the window.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do hope things go right with the house Sue - having seen it I know just what a lovely house it is and how it would all be just right for the right buyer - so fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hope you buyers haven't changed their minds. At the very least they need to say one way or the other.
    have a lovely weekend. Very cold here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope everything is sorted out for Col soon, this waiting for tests ans results is the worst part. And it's lovely that he's home for the weekend.

    I find the only tubes worth cutting the ends off at the moment are face and hand creams, which have an astonishing amount of product still clung to the inside long after you think they are fully squeezed out. Toothpaste seems to come out very well, and we store the toothpaste tubes on end in the toothbrush mug, so that gravity pulls all the paste to the nozzle end.

    Fingers crossed your buyers are just planning things and have not changed their minds.

    ReplyDelete