Wednesday, 12 March 2014

Replying to comments

Some comments yesterday  need replies so.............

To 'Out my window' - A KFC wouldn't be classed as an ideal diet here either but at its simplest it is just fried chicken in a spicy crumb coating with potato fries. I have a tub of coleslaw too so as to make me feel more saintly! We only eat this perhaps once or twice a year and I don't think it does us much harm.

To 'Rupert Neil Bumfrey' - I'm afraid your comment went right over my head. We maybe in Suffolk, but we are about as far from Newmarket and the elite of horseracing as it's possible to be and I'm not just talking milage!

To everyone who wished Him Outside Happy Birthday - Thankyou

And Thank you for all the other comments too.

 And to 'Vadam'
How to explain what a digestive biscuit it to someone in the States?
I think what we call biscuits you call  cookies.
Our biscuits are usually flatter and thinner than what we call cookies
The word biscuit actually comes from French (? I think) and means twice cooked.
If someone makes biscuits to sell for the Country (what was WI) Markets they have to call them cookies - I dont know why.

 Digestive biscuits are made using wheat flour, less fat than a shortbread type biscuit and less sugar than a sweet biscuit.
The company called McVities are the most famous manufacturers of digestive biscuits. Plain  ones have no chocolate. Some have milk chocolate on one side and some dark chocolate. McVities digestives are expensive but the ones we got from Lidl are just as nice but half the price.

This is what they look like

 They are quite tasty!

 Hope that explains them to you over there across the pond.

 It's been a sunny day here in Suffolk but a cold Easterly wind straight of the sea. I've been making bread, tidying up, kindling chopping, a bit of weeding and odd jobs here and there.

Him Outside was strimming over at our neighbours this morning. Then he put his old Bridge Inspector hat on and went to look at a farm bridge for someone who is a member of the Suffolk Smallholders Society. A bridge only used by the farm and it's neighbours but in very poor condition. It will need a lot of rebuilding and is not something he can do himself but has advised them of who to contact.
Then he did some strimming here too.
I notice Google spellcheck doesn't recognise strimming. So what is cutting the edges with a strimmer called in the States. Or is that what you call a brush-cutter? Who knew English was so darn confusing!!

Back tomorrow


The blog here has now finished please add my new blog to your list instead                               You will find it here at    ...