I've been enjoying reading blogs with lists of 10 random things about the author, I thought what a interesting idea to do.
But then I couldn't think of any random things about me to write about!
I love books - but you know that by the number of book blog posts.
I love peanut butter, I could live on peanut butter on toast - but that's greedy rather than random.
Then I thought again and came up with these
1. I never knew my Dad, he was killed in a motorcycle accident 5 months before I was born. My mum re-married my dads older brother 3 years later, so my uncle became my Dad!
2. I hate housework, but don't like living with untidy or dirty or clutter, so it gets done in a "sort-of" way.
3. I got married at 20 and divorced at 23! I got married again at 24 and had 3 children by the time I was 32.
4. I love visiting places I've not been, but hate traveling - I'm waiting for someone to invent a transporter system like Star Trek.
5. When I was 13 I went on school educational cruise. We were amongst the last school groups to go on the extremely ancient SS.Nevassa.It was a 10 days cruise and cost £50. We went to Cadiz, Lisbon, Palma and Gibraltar - I can't remember anything about it - too busy chatting up boys!
6. I don't possess one single dress and I only own one skirt. I live in jeans, leggings and shorts I don't enjoy buying clothes at all.
7. I hate wearing tights and almost as much don't like socks. I would be bare feet all year if only it was warmer/dryer.
8. The primary school I went to had only 5 other people my age and only one girl. My best friend Jackie was a year younger and then moved away when I was 10. I went from a 50 pupil primary school to a 500 pupil grammer school. My first good friend Caroline moved away after 2 terms. Is that the reason I find it very difficult to make friends?
9. I hate lifts and would walk up a dozen flights of stairs rather than getting into that small space.
10. I love Hostas
Today I was given a gift of a Nemesia, Wisley Vanilla from a fellow blogger - Thank you L that was very kind. It smells gorgeous - vanilla - obviously. It doesn't say on the label if it's a perennial or annual, so I googled it - as you do. I found this - " a lot of plants that are classed as annuals are really perennials but they die at the end of the season because they are not hardy- Nemesia is one of these"
Now I'm still confused!
Do you remember when charity shops were full to the brim with all sorts of interesting things? Before the days when they felt the need to ...
From my Country Wisdom and Folklore Diary There are lots of weather sayings for February many of them connected to the Ancient Imbolc...