Monday, 26 December 2016

The morning after the day before

I hope your Christmas Day went well.

We were invited to Col's sister house where we enjoyed a lovely day with their family and Col's Dad and brother. Then our son, new daughter in law and daughter-in-law's sister joined us for tea and evening.

I took my camera but didn't take a single photo....Duh!

 The highlights of the day were the very strange present H had received from her other sister in law which kept us entertained and puzzling for ages and the Very Weird Game son brought with him...... Which involved trying to make your team guess what you were saying while you had a plastic mouth piece thing in your mouth. Nephew said he'd seen it advertised on TV and wondered who on earth would be daft enough to buy it ....obviously our son! It was a bit too reminiscent of going to the dentist but literally had tears rolling down everyone's faces.........Laughter or Horror ?............we weren't sure!

We then had a more sensible session of the LOGO game but decided we must have used the same cards last time we played as we kept getting all the answers right.

Col's sister and OH are off away for a few days so as there seemed to be enough food left for an army, she sent us home with today's dinner! I'd contributed savouries and the trifle for tea so the remains of those also came home......that's the rest of our days eating sorted.

Today? Books to enjoy and a ready made lunch and dinner.........what could be better.

Back in a trice
Sue


17 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time

    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have known about that game except tat I saw something similar on Alan Carr last night. I'd be sick I think if I had to put one of those things in my mouth....yuck.
    Glad you had a good day-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't really play it as only 2 people volunteered to shove it in their mouths! Horrible but hilarious!

      Delete
  3. sounds like a lovely Christmas.

    Photo of you in the previous post? Beautiful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue,
    sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday and with today all sorted time to put your feet up and relax.
    My grandsons got that game also and everyone sat down to play it last night but the thought of putting the thing in my mouth did make my stomach turn, i dont like the thing at the dentist it makes me gag so didnt join in with the game but by the end of the evening we were all in hysterics.
    It is one of the most popular games of Christmas apparantly.
    Enjoy the rest of your day
    take care jane xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hiding behind my cardi, as the sight of son with it in his mouth made me feel quite odd!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a fun time was had by all. I've not seen that game but don't think I'd buy it. Thomas is accident prone and I can already forecast a visit to casualty! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It says for age16+ on the box but it's just horrible hope I never see it again!

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful Christmas! I send you and Col wishes for a joyful holiday season and a happy New Year. Thank you for sharing your blog - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to read that your Christmas was fun and laughter was included! I have to repack the 3/4 of our ham we had for Christmas. Too much going on so I just had Phil put it in a ziploc bag and I'd deal with it later, which is this evening! We enjoyed our son's family on Sat and we 3 at home on Sunday afternoon having fun then not doing much exciting. Megan and I watched "Call the Midwife" Christmas special. In one spot, they were talking about the tea they brought from UK..they were in Africa on a medical trip...Typhoo tea. I'd bought some the other day and Megan says" Hey mom, Typhoo tea." It is delicious and I'm glad I can get it at a specific store. Enjoy your leftovers. We don't have alot of that except for cookies. I wish you and Col the best in the coming year and hopefully your move will happen soon and it goes smoothly. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't watch a thing on TV over Christmas Day so missed Call The Midwife, I would have probably been in floods of tears at it anyway!
      We changed to Typhoo tea a while back. Some of the cheaper brands are tasteless but Typhoo is always good.
      Thank you for your kind wishes

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had a family get together last night and my Sis-in-law brought The Logo game. It was fun but nothing like we Expected! We'd all thought there would be lots more Logos! Time together, laughing, without incessant TV - Happy Christmas x

    ReplyDelete