Saturday 3 December 2016

Murder at Christmas

The Hospice charity shop near us had a big display of Christmas books for sale but most of them are chick lit happy ever after books, I'd read a couple of the Trisha Ashley ones but not really my favourite sort of reading, although there seem to be lots published each year.
A quick look on Amazon and I saw Christmas at little Beach Street Bakery; Christmas at Lilac Cottage; Christmas at the Wedding Shop; Christmas Under the Stars; The Cosy Christmas Teashop and The Christmas Promise - all new this year. 

 I really prefer a bit of crime, but hadn't really come across any Christmas crime until a couple of years ago when British Library Crime Classics re-printed  the 1930's book Mystery in White.

 Since then other publishers have joined in and I have these two from the library for my Christmas reading. On the right a book of short stories including some from modern authors, on the left another gem from the past - first published in 1947. Although I was amused to see that when first out it didn't have the word Christmas in the title.

Back Tomorrow,  as entirely unintentionally I seem to have slipped in daily advent photo mode, just like  LAST YEAR

Sue

MOVED

The blog here has now finished please add my new blog to your list instead                               You will find it here at    ...