Sunday 10 November 2013

30 Ways to Save £1 -- DAY 10 + A Sunday walk

The Radio 4 weather forecast at five to 7 this morning said " Mainly sunny all day everywhere with a few exceptions. The exceptions are the Norfolk and Suffolk coast, where it will be cloudy". My thoughts were - that's Not Fair! But I'm pleased to say They were wrong and we have had sunshine, although it's blinkin' chilly.

Him Outside was busy outside all morning moving straw to the chicken sheds, getting ready for concreting the shed base and various other odd jobs. I decided to make bread, get a load of washing out and do the ironing. I also checked my seed order and wrote the cheques.

Another walk this afternoon in our " getting back to walking after stents" regime. This one is another one from home avoiding crossing muddy fields and is probably about 2 and a half miles, so a little bit more than last week. Mostly field edges and country roads and just a tiny bit of woodland.
Good to see Him Outside striding ahead again
Beside the fields of a stud farm

Footbridge over ditch and then through a little bit of woodland

This oak tree is along our road. The whole top was blown off it in the winds 2 weeks ago


The top half of the oak across the other side of the road. Laying on the phone wire. We may lose our phone connection soon if someone doesn't fix it as it's pulling the wire really tight


The Day 10 idea for saving £1 was      (see all 30 here)
10. Before you buy something STOP and think if you already have something that can do the same job.
I have a small card in my purse, it says
DO I REALLY NEED IT
DO I HAVE IT ALREADY
IS THERE SOMETHING THAT I HAVE ALREADY THAT I COULD USE INSTEAD
COULD I BORROW IT
HOW MUCH WOULD I SAVE BY NOT BUYING IT
WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THE MONEY I SAVE

Having it in my purse doesn't necessarily mean I look at it! But at least the thought is there - sometimes.
 
 

MOVED

The blog here has now finished please add my new blog to your list instead                               You will find it here at    ...