30 ways to save £1
1. Ask to pick up windfall apples if you see someone isn't using them.
2.ALWAYS try value range of supermarket brands most are good.
3.Don't start pets on expensive brands, if started on a cheaper one they will never know different.
4. Re-read the instructions for you washing machine, could you use a shorter cycle?
5. Buy refill packs of things if you can.
6. Have a look around local industrial estates and see who chucks what - pallets for wood, containers for water butts.
7. Christmas is the same day every year don't let it creep up on you, start shopping in January sales and carry on at car boot sales.
8. Swap an expensive hobby for a cheaper one.
9. Cut down on how much toothpaste, shampoo, lotions and potions that you use see if less will do the same job.
10. Before you buy anything new STOP and think if you already have something that could do the same job.
11.Invest in a flask and take tea or coffee with you on days out.
12. Don't waste money on bottled water- stand a bottle of water in the fridge and take it with you next day.
13. If you need more than 2 regular prescriptions a month always buy a NHS prepayment card.
14. Find out about free events at local museums or NT free open weekend vouchers etc.
15. If you have an answerphone set it on the longest number of rings so you get there in time to answer and don't need to phone people back.
16. Poundland and 99p shops are sometimes very good value but not always so know the prices of the things you buy - keep a little price book in your bag.
17. Make Xmas gift tags from old xmas cards or cut an 2 inches off the end of wrapping paper, stick on a piece of card and cut out to make matching gift tags.
18. Borrow recipe books from the library and see how many recipes you will actually use before buying the book.
19. Tip bottles up-side down and leave to drain to get the last bit of things out.
20. Cut the end off tubes of toothpaste and creams etc. to get to the last bit.
21. Every time you come home put any 5p in a jar. They are so small they get lost easily, you won't miss them from your purse and they will soon turn into a pound.
22.Read your local and national papers in the library or persuade a friend or neighbour to save them for you.
23. Never buy notebooks for phone messages or shopping lists. Cut up cereal packets or similar into neat squares and keep them in a little box in the kitchen or buy the phone.
24. Grow something to eat - even one tomato plant in a pot can produce more than a pounds worth of tomatoes.
25. Never use 1st class post - get organised and post early with second class stamp.
26. Make you own bread everyone is doing it - it's easy and much cheaper.
27. Do you REALLY need to buy a book straight away - wait for paperback version or buy from amazon later or USE YOU LIBRARY.
28. Eat less meat- start by swapping one meal a week to veggie things then 2 or 3 a week.
29. Chutney is easy to make, the ingredients can be cheap and men like jars of chutney for Christmas presents.
30.Drive wisely - accelerate and brake slowly and don't carry more weight than you have to, take off the roof email@example.com