Friday, 12 August 2016

Sorting boxes and cheering up the living room.

There were about 15 boxes of possessions out in the shed with no room for them in the house and many of the boxes were third-hand, rather tatty and  more tape than cardboard.  After a sort out indoors I managed to make an empty drawer in the dresser and then found a sturdy box in the garage so I've begun to empty some of the flimsier old boxes, re-packing what we want to keep, bringing one or two things indoors and putting some things in a bag ready for the charity shops. Three tatty boxes have been so far been squashed into the recycling bin, several more still to sort.
In one box I found my Poundland fairy lights and they've gone around the hatch between kitchen and living room which was the only place  near enough to a plug.

I've avoided charity shops and car boot sales all week but treated myself to a bunch of Freesias from Aldi.
  They are lovely, but not many in the bunch. So I bulked them out with a few bits from the garden (I'm a shove them in a jug flower arranger!)
So with the bunting, fairy lights and flowers the living room looks much cheered.


 By the way if you are looking for some cheap fruit bushes Aldi had all sorts for around £3, that's one heck of a lot less than the seed company catalogues so probably worth a try if you have room.

The nasty affects of the chemo have caught up with Col, he felt really rough yesterday. Just wanting to lay resting with eyes shut.  This is not unexpected and his 'obs' are all OK so nothing to worry about. Just a matter of time.

Looks like we are in for a sunnier and warmer day than yesterday - the beach hut beckons - if I can tear myself away from the Olympics, where they seem to be doing pretty well - loved the track cycling last night.


Back in a day or 3
Sue

Back Soon

14 comments:

  1. Loving the union jack bunting; I have mine in the kitchen but me and the boys are still waiting for our various country bunting that I have on order. We have a Lidl in Aber and will look there on Saturday if they have fruit trees as we are looking to plant half a dozen at the end of the veg patch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. few things more therapeutic than going through boxes!
    managing to avoid the Olympics, but not wholly because when you live in a small village in Wales where a Women's Rugby Seven's Olympian comes from, well, the whole village is pretty much a buzzin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was glued to the cycling last night, I only caught it by chance. A bunch of flowers and a few bits and bobs can really change how a room looks. I move my crochet things and wall hangings around fairly often, I will make some more once I have caught up with my WIP list. My best wishes to Col, it is a dreadful thing to go through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freesias - I love it when they grow in the lawn self-sown and the aroma wafts into the house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the smell of freesias. You're so productive, I don't know where you get your energy from!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flowers look beautiful in the blue jug-x-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you have been busy - I have a similar job looming, but have been working on our bedroom today, despite the good weather...I was in the mood to do it so thought I would tackle it as I don't often!

    Hope Col starts to feel better soon.

    Enjoy your beach hut!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your 'bung them in a jug' arrangement, that's exactly how I am with flower arranging. Natural always looks best.

    Sorry to hear Col is feeling so rough, I hope it passes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The flowers and bunting are fab. I want to make some bunting, I have the fabric but don't know where to start! I think I need to Google it!

    I do hope Col feels much better soon. He's had a horrible time of it, poor man.

    Hugs to you both x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The flower arrangement is lovely. My flower arrangements never look very nice at all.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. bunting, fairy lights, and flowers. Things that make life a million times better!

    Hope Col wasn't too hot yesterday, it was very hot wasn't it? Was not happy, though all the washing got dry so silver linings and all that.
    Sending good wishes to Col. Hope he's feeling a little better today.

    Bill and Violet are off to the Ancestral beach hut in Frinton today, so typically, it's breezier and greyer of sky for them. Oh well, they'll still have a good time I'm sure. Meanwhile, I'll be in my element cleaning and decluttering .

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So good to clear things out and make room.
    I love the pretty flower blue jug, the flowers are pretty also.
    Still remembering to pray for him, and you!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the bunting and the flowers in the jug , I love a jug rather that a vase for flowers , Hope col feels better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete