Monday, 30 May 2016

What to do while waiting............

Visiting -
 Col had a temperature which means another infection, so he is stuck in hospital until Tuesday at least, which is why I'm waiting for him to come home again. He's feeling very rough after this round of chemo but hopefully will pick up again soon. The ward sister goes by the nick name of Alf! A very nice nurse.



 Cross Stitching -
 Two more lavender sachets ready for Christmas

Watching -
The French Open Tennis on TV. So far so good for Andy Murray, they could really do with a roof as rain has stopped play several times
Puzzling - 
 with the new Sudoku book I found in the charity shop, they are rather easy.......at the moment, I hope they get a bit more difficult as I progress through them.
Reading -
 more library books. Quite a variety......... in the last 10 days I've read Nell Dunn's 'Up the Junction', first read when I was about 16, seeing it mentioned in the bibliography of The Button Box made me decide to re-read. 'Song of the Skylark' by Erica James which is a bit of a light tear-jerker and Anthony Trollope's collection of Christmas stories first published in the 1860's to 1880's. I've not read any Trollope before, this was a tester, probably won't bother again!


Enjoying -
 the scent of these lovely roses from the garden

And Baking-
A few scones and some cheese straws to take in to Col


Thank you to everyone for the lovely comments about our beautiful new grandson. We are so looking forward to  Col  being well enough for us to go down to Surrey to see him.

Welcome to Alison Collins a new follower in the google pictures. Every time the numbers go up to 354 they then go down again a few days later!

It's a really grey bank Holiday Monday here in Suffolk, cold and windy too. I shall stay in except for hospital visiting.

Back Soon
Sue



18 comments:

  1. it is very cold and grey and blustery today! I'm in a warm jumper.
    Just been checking the weather though, and it should be fine this coming weekend, which I'm pleased about. The main part of Violet's party is going to be in the garden (lots of confetti, don't really want it in the house!), so while it won't be blistering sunshine, it shouldn't be quite as grim as this. Good to know for those with a beach hut to use ;o)

    I'm sorry Col is feeling rough. I said it last time, and I say it again, he's dealing with a lot. As are you. Not easy for you to see him feeling bad I'm certain.

    You are a busy lady. I've done a blog post in vaguely similar style today. It was meant to be short bullet points, but as always I can't shut my yap and I drone on!

    Cor, those cheese straws look so good. I want one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sorry to hear that Colin is stuck in the hospital and hope he is well enough to come home soon.

    If anything appeals to him I am sure it will be your scones and cheese straws. You have your baking hat back on!

    How lovely to find those roses in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear Col is stuck in hospital. I hope he is well enough soon for you both to visit baby-x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear Colin is feeling rough. I hope it eases soon. Your grandson looks lovely!! Jean fromWinnipeg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get well soon Col. It will be lovely to have him home and meet the grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do hope you both get away to visit your grandson very soon. Get well soon Col.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully the food will be good in the hospital, makes all the difference! For my mum, the difference between City Notts, and Kings Mill was huge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Time drags by when you are playing the waiting game, I used to spend hours trudging round Addenbrooke's when my son was in there. I could only sit still for so long before I got a touch of cabin fever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Playing catch up with blogs at the moment. Congratulations to all the family on the birth of Jacob, he's gorgeous. Hope it's not too long before you and Col get to see him.

    Looks as though you're keeping yourself busy. I'm sure Col will enjoy your baking it looks delicious. The roses from your garden are beautiful. I find shop bought roses don't have any scent at all which is a shame really. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear that Col is stuck in hospital but it's good to see that you have plenty to do. Keeping busy is a blessing. I can't resist making a plea for Trollope! That collection of short stories really isn't the best introduction. Please try one of the novels before you give him up forever. Barchester Towers (I don't think you need to read The Warden first), The Way We Live Now or Miss Mackenzie might change your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope Col's feeling a bit brighter soon and you can get to see that gorgeous wee boy.. The lavender sachets are lovely. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear that Col is stuck in hospital. Hope things improve soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sue,

    Sorry to post this as a comment, I hope you well. My name is Sam Parnell. I run a company called Measured Brilliance and alongside that I run a meet up called SIMS. Each month we have over 60 local small business owners, bloggers, experts and students listening to a talk about a digital skill they want to know more about.

    We have previously had a talk about blogging which was very popular and we’d like to have another. One thing we’d like to do is have some real life bloggers talk to the audience and explain what they do, how they do it and what it gives them.


    You blog is very popular on local Google search and I wondered if you’d be interested in getting involved. You can find out more about our group on our website http://www.simsdigitalskills.co.uk/. Please give me a call or email me your number and I’ll call you back if you’re interested or if you’d like any more details.

    I look forward to hearing from you. If any other bloggers are interested we'd love to hear from you. Sam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the very warm welcome...enjoying your blog (and back posts) very much. I do hope Col's infection clears up soon.💙

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jacob Rhys, gorgeous indeed.
    Hope Col soon shakes off that pesky infection.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your new grandson is gorgeous, and I love his name.

    It's a good job you are good at cross stitch, sudoku and love reading with the amount of waiting around you are having to do. And now it's tennis season you will have lots to watch as well. Does Col like the tennis as much as you?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those cheese straws looking amazing. I'd love one or two now with my cuppa.
    The lavender bags are going to make such pretty presents.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Col's ESA has gone up because after 13 weeks you go into one of the groups - there is Work Related Activity which is for people who need a helping hand into work and they get to do courses etc. The Support Group is for people who are not likely to work for a while yet - Col will be in this group.

    Must sort that cheque out this week - sorry, life seems to be getting away with me.

    ReplyDelete