Wednesday, 14 September 2016

One way to spend £1.60 and an unexpected windfall

 Gladioli from Aldi, a beautiful bargain I think. Although with all this hot weather they didn't survive for many days.


A few weeks back I opened a letter redirected here from Fareacre and found the company sending it were looking for my sister as they didn't have a new address for her. Totally puzzled I read through the jargon and didn't really understand what it was except there seemed to be a small amount of money involved so decided it must be something to do with our late Dad. I passed it on to her to sort out and it seems someone had discovered just over £100 owing to us from somewhere connected to our Dad who died 8 years ago......how strange. So I am in possession of an unexpected windfall of £50.......... and in case a tax man/woman is reading ..............Yes I will put it on my tax return!

Now what to spend it on?

Just think how many secondhand 1p (+£2.80 postage) books it will buy from Amazon!

 Or I could be sensible.

Back Soon
Sue

Just noticed new followers - welcome to you, hope you enjoy reading

17 comments:

  1. Oh to hell with being sensible.... go and spend it with gay abandon. What news of Col?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Treat yourself girl. You more than deserve it
    X X x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Gladioli, treat yourself you deserve it, I love 1p books from Amazon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How w about a treat when Col is well enough. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Throw caution to the wind and enjoy your windfall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you blow at least some of it on books or something else you fancy.Unexpected money doesn't come along every day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful bargain. Go crazy, treat yourself to some good books xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you dare be sensible with it - treat yourself, you really deserve it, Sue! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. spend it on wild living....and a little treat for Col

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the glads x as to the money, and an ice cream perhaps when you visit the beach hut?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aren't windfalls lovely (money or apples!) The farmer had £100 Premium bond up this week and it is a super feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you won’t mind the contact via the comments box but just wondered if you might be interested:

    Furrowed Middlebrow is an imprint of Dean Street Press, following the ‘Furrowed Middlebrow’ blog (http://furrowedmiddlebrow.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Published%20by%20Furrowed%20Middlebrow) new editions by lesser-known British women novelists and memoirists. A CHELSEA CONCERTO by Frances Faviell and A FOOTMAN FOR THE PEACOCK by Rachel Ferguson are now available as advance copies. Would you be interested in reviewing these or any of the list of associated works (see link)?

    Many thanks,
    Victoria Eade @DeanStPress
    email: victoria.eade@rupertheath.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with the other poster - treat yourself! Maybe with all the warm weather next visit to Felixstowe you and Col could have a nice meal. I would probably be thinking of all the books I could buy (as my heavy suitcase would attest to!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Buying 1p Amazon secondhand books IS sensible :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree with Sue H, buying books is utterly sensible!
    However, I might be tempted to save it to pay for a slap up meal with Col when he's better! X

    ReplyDelete