Sunday, 18 September 2016

For Future Birthdays and a small disappointment

The other day when the jigsaw was finished I said the plan was to use the table for card making before starting another puzzle.

Here is work in progress............... I seem to make a lot of mess crafting!

 Almost all my craft stuff is stored in boxes on this set of shelves, quite a difference to Fareacre where I had a whole room for craft and office work.

This is what I made last week.
 Cards for ladies using some of the bits in that bargain haul from last Sunday's boot sale
Using odds and ends from the stash

 and making use of a sheet of card toppers free from Craft Creations many moons ago.
I will really miss getting their magazine 4 times a year. They are stopping it after 20 years because of a fall in subscriptions. At £12 a year it was a bargain, with one of their new products included each time, masses of ideas for card making sent in by readers and 10% off all their card making stuff.

Then I made just a few cards for men

 All my card toppers were in a muddle in a big square storage box.
Could never find a thing among all this lot when they were lumped in one box!
 So on Saturday morning I thought I'd have a sort through to see what was there and decided I really needed a better way to store them.
 When it stopped drizzling I walked round to Aldi to get some fruit to take in for Colin and look what they have in this week for £4.99 (and they've also got cutting mats - might go back for one as it would be handy to have another)

 Now I shall be able to see what I've got and the box they were in will become my 'current projects' box and my  current 'current projects' (!) box will store all my Christmas crafting stuff and that will free up a draw in the chest of drawers in my bedroom! In a bungalow as small as this every inch of space has to be well used.


 
And the disappointment?
Nothing crucial...........
I thought I was being offered a copy of a book to review from Dean Street Press who are collaborating with Scott at Furrowed Middlebrow Blog. I got so excited at the chance to read Bewildering Cares by Winifred Peck which is being re-printed in October with Scotts special logo and the lovely new jacket picture............but it turned out to be  the offer of an ebook.............and you know what I think about ebooks and "proper" books! Oh well, I shall keep wishing for it on my wish list!

Back very soon
Sue


23 comments:

  1. I love your cards, especially the sewing one in the lady photo. Us crafters just amass so much stuff. I might have a wander to Aldi myself! Saw over in FB that Col seems to be finally turning a corner for the good! Sorry for the disappointment of the book. Something else nice will happen to balance it out p, I'm sure! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I daren't mention that he is feeling better in case I jinx it! So keeping quiet until he is actually home!

      Delete
  2. Those are very nice! I never got into the card making/ scrapbooking, but I do appreciate the lovely things that others make. It looks like a fun way to spend a couple of hours. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to have a go at scrapbooking next

      Delete
  3. I love your cards and you made a fair amount. They should last you awhile. I'm tinkering with making my own, but apart from a couple of fun ones for close family haven't dared do any yet. Maybe when I get such a good assortment of bits and pieces as you. Storage is a problem when you don't have a specified room.

    Joan (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed to squeeze everything except the papers/card, into boxes on one set of shelves in the corner of the living room. It's OK until I need to open several boxes at once

      Delete
  4. Smashing cards Sue.
    I can't do any kind of crafting without making a mess although I do try hard not to-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were bits and snippings all over the floor by the time I finished

      Delete
  5. Such beautiful cards, Sue! I'm hopeless with anything to do with craft, so admire your work hugely.
    E-books? Even though I find some proper books heavy to hold with my arthritic hands, I don't want an e-reader, I just love books too much!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't see the attraction of e books although I do see how useful they could be if my eyesight were to fail and the print could be enlarged

      Delete
  6. Beautiful cards - gives me an idea to start looking into making the ones for Christmas. Wished that I had more time to read... A speedy recovery to Colin!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the Christmas card making.

      Delete
  7. Sue your cards are really good, have you ever thought of selling them to a shop? Best wishes to Colin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to sell them at shows when we did secondhand country books and then at the WI market but don't do enough to sell now

      Delete
  8. Beautiful cards, well worth the mess.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You cricketer there has a far better technique than I do. God, I'd have so stuck all my fingers together if I tried to do that, I'm so clumsy and messy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cards Sue, shame about the book. I confess I am a messy crafter too, well I'm just messy full stop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are so nice. You really have a talent. I was so afraid your disappointment was about the colonel. So I am relieved but sorry for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are lovely! Did you know I've paid upwards of $20 U.S. for a collection of greeting cards that looked like that (but not nearly as nice)? I've been making beaded jewelry in the past several weeks. When I do, it's a terrible mess that has to get cleaned up each time so we can have a meal at the table! Pull it out, pack it up each day. Sigh. But I love crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely job on the cards. I love the sewing one. I hate it when a really good magazine goes under. I find most popular magazines are at least half advertising, not to mention advertising disguised as articles. I don't buy them for that reason although I suppose it is the only way they can keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such lovely cards!!! You have done an awesome job.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely cards! It's amazing what you can do with a few bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete