Friday 14 November 2014

Beans means.............more beans next year

It's been a Very Grey Day here on the Suffolk coast , C needed the light on  for reading before 3 o'clock.
We did a couple of jobs outside before the rain started and cut a bit more wood inside the shed later. 

 This afternoon I shelled out the runner beans, which had been drying over the Rayburn.

A nice lot for saving to sow next year
They should all be the same sort -  St George -  but a few others seem to have sneaked in.

I need to reply to a few comments on previous days posts.

Yesterday I deleted a very strange comment from a male chauvinist who was very anti women. DON'T click on his blog please.
Also yesterday John Grey reckoned I looked like the terminator while I was using the concrete breaker. Thanks John! I was wearing C's visor and ear defenders that he uses for wood cutting, so probably did look a bit odd, although compared to some things I was called when I was much younger that was probably a compliment.

A few days ago Sue at New Life in the country said Sunday mornings was a good time to practice driving on a Motorway, that's a good idea but the trouble is that we are nearly 80 miles from the nearest - either the M11 which is the other side of Cambridge or the dreadful M25. I wonder if it's possible to drive around the country avoiding every motorway - that's what I would do I think!

There were lots and lots of suggestions after my Sunday post about deciding our future. Our smallholding is out in the country a mile from villages, 2 miles+ from small towns and 25 miles from a big town. We've done  village life and I wouldn't want to go back. A village has all of the downsides of a town with none of the benefits. I've lived in  a small town in Suffolk for 5½ out of my 59½ years, a hamlet of a few houses for 42 years ( including 22+ here) out of 59½ and in villages for the other 12  years. I do know I would never live in a city or a large town. Someone suggested a canal boat but that's something we've done for holidays and enjoyed but not a permanent solution for us now. A small town on the coast somewhere would be ideal, but that won't be in Suffolk as there are only 4 towns on our coastline, and for various reasons we wouldn't want to live in any of them!

I don't seem to be getting around to leaving any comments on other peoples blogs at the mo. Not sure where the time goes. I know some bloggers get annoyed at people reading and not leaving a comment but I have so many blogs I like reading and not enough hours in my day.

Back Tomorrow
Sue



MOVED

The blog here has now finished please add my new blog to your list instead                               You will find it here at    ...