I usually make a few notes in the start of my new diary to remind me of what's what, this year I will share them with you.... you lucky people!
- Look out for wrapping paper at car boot sales
- No need to buy any Christmas cards as I have got enough for next year
- But I want to make some special cards for the family ( Need to search for ideas - cross stitch?)
- 12 people fit round the dining table but a bit too many for the living room
- Having everyone here on one day was good, but left no time to chat much
- The chocolate meringue gateau is delicious but we've had it 2 years running so find something different for next year.
- I don't need to make Christmas puddings next year - two in the cupboard
- Might do hampers for sisters and Bros in L? Write down ideas
- Maybe find another cheap Christmas tree at a car boot as we have so many tree decorations that never get used.
- Remember to use Scout Post for Ipswich relatives, need to be in Ipswich during first 2 weeks of Dec.
- Look for small gifts at car boot sales for "tree presents" and maybe cracker fillers
I found some wrapping paper at a car boot sale, avoided buying anymore cards in the Charity shops' January sales, made some 3D decoupage cards for the family, crossed stitched some cards for my 7 Penny Pincher Letter friends and decided on hampers for the 2 sisters. I've found almost nothing for tree or cracker pressies, didn't see a cheap Christmas tree at any carboot sales (but wouldn't have bought one anyway because of moving). I've made a note in the diary about the Ipswich Scout Post. I will probably just make some small Christmas puddings for Cols' Dad and the hampers, have no thoughts of what other desert I will make and we have no idea who will be where over the Christmas break.
3 months to get sorted - I expect we'll still be here.