Thursday, 3 November 2016

That recipe

My mention of mixing a tin of grapefruit with a tin of cheats ready prepared marmalade mix had lots of people asking for more details.
Here is the recipe from the book  W.I Jams,Pickles and Chutneys

Product Details
I'm making this later so will update this post to let you know what it's like and if it tastes good I'll add the recipe to my separate page.

UPDATE
It works and tastes delicious.
As Pat says in comments - people on statins shouldn't eat grapefruit and it does have a HUGE amount of sugar in it. I've put the recipe on my recipe page with more details.


Welcome to some more followers, hope you enjoy reading.



Back Soon
Sue

11 comments:

  1. Don't fancy the pineapple one - it's too sweet, but the grapefruit one looks interesting. Looking forward to hearing your results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What!!! The WI cheating at cooking! I don't believe it for a moment! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. As we are on statins we can neither of us eat grapefruit - sad because I love it.
    Also we do try to avoid sugar where possible, and when I look at the amount of sugar in the recipes I go pale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'll have to put a health warning on the blog for both the grapefruit and the sugar - no something that would have been made on war-time rations!

      Delete
    2. There's a missing t above - should have said "not something..........

      Delete
  4. I will be interested to know what it tastes like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good old WI moving with the times, never an organisation to stand still, the grapefruit recipe sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much indeed. They both look great!

    J x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The both sound good and I'd happily eat both as a treat even though I'm on statins.

    I was wondering about your impending move and your lovely beach hut. Will you still be able to get down to the hut regularly when you move? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will be a bit further - about 20 minutes away from Felixstowe but as we usually go down for the day it doesn't matter too much. I think we will try and hang onto it if we can afford to, for the grandchildren.

      Delete
    2. That should be 20 minutes further so 40mins instead of 20

      Delete