Friday, 27 January 2017

Just reading

Still waiting.
Mrs F's solicitor sent some paperwork to our solicitor but it wasn't right. The estate agent contacted Mrs F's solicitor and got told that if people stopped interrupting her she would be able to get things sorted....very rude I thought.
Meanwhile I'm reading.
After 3 easy reading crime I was quite glad to get into a proper novel..... this is what I borrowed.
.First published in 1948 the story spans 40 years in the 14th Century and tells the story of a convent through that time.  It's a bit odd and  I actually borrowed it last year and sent it back unread for that reason, but having read this below which is reminiscences of the authors Edwardian childhood
CoverI felt up to having another go at her fiction.
I think I now know where MARGARET FRAZER got her ideas from for her series of 17 crime fiction featuring the nun Dame Frevisse which were set in the same period and written between 1992 and 2008.
I actually have most of this series as several were not available easily in this country (Frazer was from the States) and I had to search on line for them.

So a weekend of waiting, reading and seeing all three children and both grandchildren is what we will be doing. Fingers crossed for Next week....................
Back Soon
Sue

17 comments:

  1. All the waiting would drive me mad. Lovely to know you have a weekend with family to look forward to-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think someone needs to tell Mrs F's solicitor that if she got it right in the first place then people wouldn't keep bothering her. Try to forget it all and have a good weekend enjoying your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sue, It makes me so angry when solicitors act as though they're SO special.
    Our son's a solicitor and puts in many extra unpaid hours to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible for his clients.
    It's the obnoxious 'I'm a solicitor, so I'm omnipotent' brigade that get the whole profession a bad reputation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading a light book about adventures by narrowboat, and I'm finding it a slightly haard slog for no good reason I can think of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wonder what you are reading as colin has a big collection of canal books

      Delete
  5. Thank goodness for books I say. Just for a while they take away all our worries and niggles. I am sure you agree Sue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I can truthfully say that reading keeps me sane!

      Delete
  6. A months time you will be laughing about it all. At least you are not building your new house or renovating it. That is a nightmare. You pay builders and they disappear for a few weeks or months. Been there, got the T shirt. Never again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an arrogant ....... After all you have gone through, As earlier comment thank goodness for family and books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I do hope you get some positive news soon Sue. In the meantime keep on reading. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't think of a better way to pass time while waiting than reading, Sue. I hope you get good news next week! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How rude! If she got her finger out and did what she was being paid handsomely for, then nobody would need to bother her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm keeping my fingers crossed too! Hope it works out. Have a good weekend enjoying the grandchildren and reading - sounds like the perfect weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fingers crossed that this gets straightened out very quickly.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we are very fed up with waiting

      Delete
  13. Sorry to post on here about another blog - I have been reading Frugal in Essex for ages as I like to start from the first post.
    I had just made it to the New Year and when I went to read it today all the posts have gone and she has posted to say goodbye.
    Have I missed anything important as she mentions about things being complicated?
    I hope she is ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea what happened, just a sudden stop, shame as I'd enjoyed reading about her preparations for retirement

      Delete