Sunday, 10 July 2016

A Bad Influence

I've been meaning to bike to Morrisons ever since we moved here. It's downhill almost all the way which, sadly, means it's uphill almost all the way home!





But when you cycle or walk you find footpaths that give you a short cut, like this one above that I discovered. The path cuts off a corner taking me straight into the Morrisons car park.

Then I spotted these and because Sadie at Life in the English Rain had them on her blog the other day I was "forced" to purchase! She's such a bad influence! :-)
and who knew I was so easily tempted into buying doughnuts?
(£1 wasn't wasted as they are very delicious.)

Doughnut buying wasn't really my reason for cycling to Morrisons! I went mainly because they had Polly's cat food on special offer - Not so exciting.

I've loved the two weeks of Wimbledon and brilliant to have so many people from Scotland/Great Britain winning. Well done Andy M, Gordon Reid and Alfie Hewett for wheelchair doubles then Gordon Reid went out and won the first ever wheelchair singles too.  Jordanne Whiley was one half of the ladies wheelchair doubles winners and Heather Watson was half of the Mixed Doubles winners duo, even though they had never played together before this championship. A very good two weeks all round.

Welcome to Gisela from NZ, who has a brand new blog called Life at Barkalot Farm.

Back Soon-ish
Sue

18 comments:

  1. I love finding footpaths and short cuts while out walking or cycling. Hubby doesn't he tells me off saying I shouldn't be using them and to stay on the main roads. I pretend I've heard ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doughnuts do look very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to use all sorts of short cuts around Newcastle when I was at uni. I did get told off by a policeman once. He reminded me that cycles should be on the road, not pedestrian footpaths. Then added "until I'm round the corner and can't see you aren't just pushing your bike!!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. The doughnuts do look delicious. Surely you burned off the calories going UPHILL all the way home. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doughnut? A payment for the cat food ridden ride up the hill homeward!
    Smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The doughnuts look delicious!! I really enjoyed the tennis and the Brits dead really well. We are very proud of Roanic to get as far as he did and the commentators are saying he will be part of the 'big 4' some time soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you see that TV programme which stated that doughnuts, cheesecake and ice cream have the perfect combination of fat and sugar that make them irresistible to our taste buds, and also the most fattening food on earth!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for mentioning us on your blog, that's ver nice of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You gotta have a treat, but only once in a while though ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was a good tennis weekend wasn't it? A few days break now to get on with some work before the Davis Cup on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad our Morrisons is ten miles away else I may have had to go and get some of those doughnuts-x-

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those doughnuts are what I call 'naughty food' - and totally forbidden - although if I had a long bike ride home and it was all up hill I might make an exception.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ha ha. Me? A bad influence?! Never!!!!

    You have to admit though, totally worth it wasn't it?! ;o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought I'd be 'safe' going into Staples as they're not known for selling donuts (or doughnuts) but lo and behold, on the checkout counter, was a MacMillan charity box containing sweets, some were licorice allsorts, some were jellies, some were fruit gums, and I love licorice allsorts, so put in my £1 and took a packet! By the time I arrived home I'd consumed the lot!
    Those donuts don't actually appeal to me, they look to luridly coloured - says she, who loves licorice allsorts in all their garish hues!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm loving it that I now have the chance to do stuff for cyclists at work

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's a pity it's uphill on the way home when your basket is full of shopping. How very badly planned ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ouch those dooughnuts killed me; thank God my wallet is a diet or I might have succumbed ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those doughnuts look delish.
    Wimbledon was a real delight to watch this year wasn't it.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete