Sunday 18 January 2015

Re-reading

The first book I've re-read is a book about re-reading!
Susan Hills book " Howards End is on the landing" takes us on a tour of the thousands of books on the bookshelves in her home when she decides to spend a year without buying any new books.
I've tried several times to get into her crime series featuring Simon Serrailler, without success and I've also not read any of her other novels but what I have got on my shelves are three of her non fiction books which I love - The Magic Apple Tree, Through the Garden Gate and Through the Kitchen Window. She has also written some books of short stories - I read  one and mentioned it a few days ago plus she has a publishing company too.

My second re-read, which I'm just skimming through is C.J. Sansom  - Heartstone

This is the 5th in his Shardlake series set in Tudor England. The 6th is amongst the books I will be picking up from the library van on Friday but there is a four year gap between these titles so I need to re-acquaint  myself with the characters. 

Well, we still haven't had the temperatures of -15℃ which were talked about, in fact we've hardly been minus anything. Our snowfall so far was about 20 seconds of small flakes. I think some parts of Scotland have had snow. Maybe the Daily Express newspaper with the shock horror big freeze headlines should have been for sale in Scotland and not Saxmundham!

We've been wood cutting and clearing cabbage stalks this morning and then this afternoon we settled down to watch the Masters snooker final, but it's a bit one sided so far.

Welcome to Marlane a new follower in the Google friends pictures and I think Jan, Sue, Crafty mum and Patricia are new on Bloglovin'

Back Tomorrow
Sue


MOVED

The blog here has now finished please add my new blog to your list instead                               You will find it here at    ...