Saturday 3 May 2014

A Year in Books Link April/May

Linking up with The Circle of Pine Trees for a year in books.
These were the poor selection of books brought home from the library van to read in April. Only two were read. I don't count cookery books as 'reading' but did look through A Girl Called Jack and copied down a couple of recipes. The Yard was rubbish! and the other book pictured here is Confessions of a Failed Grown Up which I read part of but couldn't be bothered to finish.

The Elly Griffiths book is the 6th in her series about Ruth Galloway, an forensic archaeologist who lives on the bleak Norfolk Coastal Marshes and works at a fictional university in North Norfolk. I enjoyed it but found it slightly predictable. It is best to start with the first in the series if you want to read these well written crime books. ( The Crossing Places published in 2009 is the first)
To the Edge of the Sea by Christina Hall is a memoir about  growing up on the Hebridian Islands of South Uist, Benbecula, Barra  and  then to secondary school in Fort William in the 1940s and 50s. My Library copy is in the Large Print Isis Reminiscence Series, but it isn't necessary to be short sighted or an OAP to enjoy their books!

I shall be reading some of my own books in May although the library van will be round on the 16th so there might be something in the books I've ordered  to tempt me away from them.

Thanks to Laura at Circle of Pine Trees for hosting this link, it's very interesting to see what people are reading and always useful for ideas.

Back Tomorrow
Sue

MOVED

The blog here has now finished please add my new blog to your list instead                               You will find it here at    ...