Sunday 2 March 2014

February/March Book Reading Link and March Weather Sayings

Linking up with The Year In Books at A Circle of Pine Trees

The books that I read in February were some of these lovely library books


The two I recommend are  The Kashmir Shawl by Rosie Thomas and All Change by Elizabeth Jane Howard.

This is well researched going between the present and 1940s India.

Thank you to my Penny Pincher friend Mary for recommending this, as I wouldn't have read it otherwise.

All Change by Elizabeth Jane Howard is the 5th and final part of the Cazalet Family Series. Ms Howard died not long after the publication of this book written almost 20  years after the 4th in the series. It is now the 1950s and the family timber  business is about to go bankrupt.

 Thank you to another Penny Pincher friend Alison for recommending these a while back.

My March reading will be from this lot
I'll let you know which were my favourites  next month


The best known sayings for weather in March are probably
March Winds, April Showers bring forth May Flowers
or
 If March comes in like a Lamb it will go out like a Lion ( or vice versa).

March was often called The Month of Many Weathers, but farmers would like it mainly dry according to this saying "A peck of dust in March is worth a kings ransom"

Thanks to lots of friendly folk for comments yesterday.

Back Tomorrow, with news of an interesting car boot find.



MOVED

The blog here has now finished please add my new blog to your list instead                               You will find it here at    ...