I've picked out the few thrifty things I can think of from the last few weeks............and the small bits of income.
- We were gifted 2 pheasants which fed 3 for roast, 2 for curry and the cat for a couple of meals too
- Col has lost weight so found a pair of jeans for him one size smaller from charity shop £4.50 (will look out for more)
- £6.50 Tesco loyalty voucher used
- Used cheaper powdered milk for me as much as possible.
- Free heat and hot water using wood
- £46 income for selling 2 out of the 5 items we took to the auction rooms on the first Monday sale day
- £23 income for selling 2 more out of the 5 things on the second Monday sale day
- £40 into the paypal account for selling the old caravan chassis
- £40 back rent owed to us for boat storage
- £30 income for some bits of metal sold to a neighbour
- Reading free library books
- Avoided buying any snacks/drinks at hospital.
- Craft Creations are stopping their quarterly magazine and as it was the only one I subscribed to, it will save me £12 a year but I will miss all the readers gallery of card ideas.
- Home made bread.........until I packed my bread tins and baking stuff.
- Avoided buying any Stuff so the only non necessary spending was £1 on a bunch of daffodils and £2 on a bunch of tulips and 2 "necessary" books at £1 each
- Council tax refund - already- from the District Council for the part of March after we move.
- Home grown cooking apples from store, apricots from the freezer and leeks from the garden.
On the other hand still no news on benefit money for Col and the car cost us nearly £600 for cam belt, parts and servicing ( which normally Colin would do) plus of course I had to buy a new cooker for the bungalow = A Lot of money! Then £40 to the Post Office for mail redirection. £25 extra on car insurance because we will be in town.Extra diesel for all the journeys to and fro and buying some different food to try and find tasty things for Col.
March will be even more expensive. Carpets, removal company, estate agent and solicitors fees and probably loads of other things we will find we need. Oh dear.
News Flash.........News Flash.............
Possible worst case scenario on horizon - delay with exchange and completion due to our buyers bringing date forward but then not being able to organise the small mortgage they need for the date they said, so heavens know what happens now. Our removal company need a definite date which we can't give until exchange. Have already set up phone, mail redirection, electric, family help etc etc for the date agreed.
Oh heck, nervous breakdown imminent!!